Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Bomb Drops

Let me preface my remarks by saying I know that God has a plan. Not once have I forgotten that. I know that he is good.  He is good in the good times and he is good in the bad times. Regardless of that, the bad times suck! 

Earlier today I was enjoying some internet time at Panera.  It was a glorious moment of alone time.  And then my father-in-law called.  Today he and my mother-in-law met with the oncologist.  The news was not good. The new chemo is not working. It's not working. It's not working.  Need I say more?  For four years we have dreaded that news.  Four precious, short years.  And here today it came.  To soon. I can barely think about it without crying. There are some long shot options with experimental treatments. We hope and pray that God has a miracle in mind here but we have to look at things realistically.

Right now we have to figure out how to move forward.  We plan to take advantage of every minute that we have with Nancy.  And hopefully the rest of it will come to us as we move along.  Tonight Daniel and I sat down with Sarah and told her the news.  Oh my.  Together we made it through.  The news that Grammy is mortal is tough to deal with at all ages.

No comments: