Thursday, June 7, 2012

176.2

That was this morning's weigh-in!  Woohoo!  I love seeing that. I made it to the gym yesterday  but don't think that is going to happen again this week. I have a lot to do with Ian's birthday party and going to the gym wears me out!  I hate that but sometimes life steps in the way.

On a good note, I am still eating better.  We've started subscribing to The Grocery Shrink.  I love it!  She gives recipes for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.  Each recipe has "Fit Mama" alternatives to the meal that help me stick to eating healthy.  I've cut back on my carb intake.  If we have pasta it is whole grain. I try not to have carbs with dinner.  I sub in a salad when the family eats pasta or rice.  Now I still have some sweets and other things, but not like I used to. And if I do down a bag of chocolate, I don't stress about it.  Each day I start over and try and stay with my new goals.  If I keep doing like I'm doing, I could be down 20 pounds by the end of the year.  While I would love it to go away sooner, I think I'll keep the weight gone long term if I take it off slowly through lifestyle changes.

I also hope to wean Ian soon.  I've put it off because of all of his FPIE allergies.  After his birthday I'm going to try him on coconut milk.  If that works, I'll at least have something to switch him to.  Then we'll do a dairy food challenge.  Once my body stops lactating, I should lose weight a little easier.  Sadly, I'm not one of those women who drop pounds by breastfeeding.

No comments: