Friday, July 22, 2011

Brenna's Potty Training Day 2


My goodness, potty training is tough! It doesn't help that Brenna can hold it for hours!  We started yesterday morning when she got up.  She only tinkled a half an ounce in the toilet.  She had a small accident at nap time but appeared to stop herself.  It was not until 6:30 or so before she could no longer hold things in and an accident occurred.  Daniel and I were amazed!  She had another small accident in her bed around 10 p.m. and then slept through the night dry.  When I trained Ashton and Noah, they had accidents every 15 or 20 minutes the entire day.  Because of that, I was able to get them on the potty in time to use it.  Eventually they realized what I wanted and we could work with it.  We know Brenna has to go, but with so few accidents it's hard to tell what her signals are! 

As you can tell from the pictures above, she doesn't mind her potty.  One of our main problems is getting her to sit still.  She's constantly in motion and is not stopped by watching a movie.  In addition to that. she inherited a sizable stubborn streak!  She'll tell us she has to go but does not want to sit long enough to make things happen. We've decided to let her start wearing her new underwear a day early in hopes that it will trigger something!  Lord willing we'll be on the road to success before Sunday!  I really want to get back to church. Due to having the baby and vacation, it's been six weeks since I've been to my church!

No comments: