Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family of Six Update








Wow!  It's always so amazing to add another little one to the family.  We are blessed to watch each child enjoy Ian.  I can't tell you how much fun that has been.  Sarah is old enough to hold him and walk him around as much as we let her!  We have to have to have some limits because she would willingly keep him all day!  Ashton is taking his big brother roll seriously.  He loves to hold Ian and help burp him.  Brenna thinks he's a little doll.  One of of the first things that she says in the morning is "I want to hold the baby!"  She's like her big sister.  If it were possible, she would carry him around all day.

And how is Ian handling all this attention?  He ignores them and sleeps right through it!  If I was not present at the hearing test, I'd think the kid were deaf!  Every now and then he'll open one eye and peak at them. It's so cute. 

As for me, I'm healing.  We knew that the c-section recovery would come, but can not wait until it's passes!  Sadly, healing can not be rushed.  Last night I had to skip my pain medicine because Ian was waking up every hour to feed.  He did that the night before and I was scared I was going to drop him because I would nod off while feeding him.  Big mistake.  I was in so much pain this morning.  But Daniel decided in the early morning hours to try letting him sleep in his bouncy seat and it worked like a charm. I slept for 3 or 4 hours straight!  It was amazing.

I've also been busy enjoying all the little squeaks and noises he makes.  And that baby smell and the little jerky movements that they make.  You would think that those things would get old, but they do not!  Plus, he loves to cuddle up on my chest and sleep.  He's so peaceful and laid back. I do wonder how if he'll be this calm and laid back as he gets older.  I love watching them grow!

I've also been really happy with how the baby weight is coming off!  I know, I know, I should not be worried about weight. But, I would be a liar if I said that I didn't step on the scale daily to monitor it!  Regardless, I've dropped 22 pounds since the little guy was born.  Granted Ian was 10 pounds of that!  And I retained a lot of water as well. Did I mention my feet now look normal and not like miniature blimps?  It's true.  You can even see between my toes!  As for dieting, I'm not.  I still enjoy ice cream, but am working to keep up the healthy diet that started before the little guy arrived. And in 4-5 more weeks, the gym and I will be seeing each other again. We have been apart far too long!

Enough of that though!  We've been blessed to have so many wonderful friends bring food by.  And Daniel has been doing the Mr. Mom thing so well.  I do think he may be fully gray by the time I heal up though!  The kids are really giving him a run for his money.

We are in need of prayer this week.  While we were at the hospital delivering Ian, we found out that Daniel's uncle was being prepped for emergency surgery. He had a perforated bowel and was septic.  After the surgery was finished, they could not get him to wake up properly.  Further testing was ordered and the discovered that he had three strokes, multiple blood clots in his brain and one in his foot.  If he awoke, he would be partially blind and paralyzed and would need his foot amputated.  Yesterday or today they decided he was doing better and took him off the respirator.  That did not go as well as was expected and he is too weak to go back on it.  Sadly, the news is not good and Tommy is not expected to pull through.  Please pray for our family. Tommy is so incredibly sweet. A dear friend of mine accurately calls him "The Mountain Man."  He's a good old country man with one of the biggest hearts around and this news has hit the family hard. 

No comments: