Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Humor

First of all, let me wish you all a Happy Easter!  We were blessed to spend time with friends and family today and I hope you were was well. Christ overcame death and by his sacrifice we all are able to be saved! It's certainly a time to celebrate.

On that note, let me get to the bit of humor caused by the handsome little man in the picture above.  We don't really do an Easter Bunny thing.  We don't talk about him, we don't visit the scary looking rabbits in the mall and it's not something that often comes up in our house.  Daniel and I do get them Easter baskets, but we focus more on the true meaning of Easter being the reason we celebrate with gifts and fun.

Now that I've caught you up on how we do things, let me fill you in on the rabbit that we had for a few hours.  I was lying on the couch napping while the kids were asleep and kept hearing this awful sounding "bird" outside the dining room window. It was close to time to get Sarah, so I got the kids up and we headed out the door. That's when I noticed the noisy bird was actually a terrified rabbit in the mouth of my favorite cat.  I rescued the little rabbit but was not sure that he would make it.  In fact, when we came home I was surprised to find it still alive.  We attempted to save it, but by the end of the night it had passed. 

That brings us to today.  One of our friends at church asked Ashton about the Easter bunny.  Ashton looked at her and started telling her how our cat had killed the Easter bunny and he was dead and couldn't bring a basket.  I don't think she fully understood all that he was saying, but Daniel and I had a good laugh over it. 

So folks, just so you know my cat killed the Easter bunny!

No comments: