Friday, April 22, 2011

Make Up Party Cake

This week I made a sweet little cake for a 6th birthday party.  I made a little makeup bag with some fondant decorations.  The cake was an interesting challenge.  I had intended it to sit up straight, but the filling inside kept causing the cake to pop open as I iced it.  Because of that, I decided to lay it down on it's side.  As I was working on the fondant decorations for the bag, the cake slid off my makeshift lazy Susan and flipped completely over on it's top.  Praise God that it landed on the table, it didn't break and I had extra icing to repair the damage!  If not, I would have had to make a new cake!  When all was said and done, I think it turned out really well.

I'll post some additional pictures at debssweetspot.blogspot.com.

No comments: