Thursday, April 28, 2011

5 More Weeks...

It's hard to believe that Baby G will be here in 5 weeks.  Then again, bending is a pain and this rotten little guy consistently turns my lungs into a spring board for his womb antics!  That kind of makes it more real.  To be honest, I was wondering yesterday how I was going to survive 5 more weeks of this little jumping bean keeping me up most nights!  It will all work out though. 

Right now Daniel and I are cleaning out the house of all the junk that's built up over the past 5 years or so.  It's a tremendous task and I'm doing my best not to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff that we are getting rid of.  Today I have to finish the yard sale laundry. And then I have to tackle Sarah and Ashton's room.  Ashton's room will be easy.  I'm paring down the toys to a reasonable level.  Sarah's room will be the big challenge.  Not only will I be getting rid of stuff, I will be prepping it for Brenna to start sharing it with her after the birth of Baby G.  Did I mention I want to build their bunk bed? Yeah, that's not even started...

But I'm convinced that it will all come together before the little guy makes an appearance.  Thankfully he will not need the crib for 3-5 months after he's here!  I do believe he's going to rival his brother in size.  Either that or he's going to be a kick boxer!  For some reason, I don't remember feeling this weighed down by Ashton so early. That could be pregnancy amnesia, but I doubt it.

On a more exciting note, my dear husband won a very special Lincoln Fellowship Award.  With it comes an all expense paid trip to Springfield, Illinois to do an in-depth study on the life of Abraham Lincoln.  As a perk, he can bring his family!  So we are seriously looking into doing the 12 hour drive.  While he's doing special tours and lectures, I'll be hanging out with the kiddos and exploring Springfield.  Lord willing, I'll be fairly well healed by the time the trip comes and Baby G will travel well!  Before we go, I'm going to start doing studies with Sarah on the some of the landmarks in the area.  I can't wait.  I would also love to take a side trip to Chicago for the day.  It's about 3 hours away from Springfield. It just depends on what's going on and how much energy I have built back up.

That's all that's going on with us for the moment. I've got to head off to do more with the yard sale. It's Saturday and I'm determined to get everything completed so we can start lugging things over to my friends house.  The weather should be nice by then and I'm hoping we sell most of it while we are there!

No comments: