Monday, April 4, 2011

Birthday/Anniversary Celebration Cake

Last month, Daniel, his sister and parents all celebrated birthdays.  In addition to that, is parents had an anniversary as well.  We had plans to do a cookout to celebrate then, but were unable. Yesterday we made up for that and had a wonderful cookout. I wanted to do a fun cake for the occasion. 

Originally I had planned to put daffodils on top of the cake instead of these daisy inspired flours.  But, Daniel volunteered to help with a play at the high school and then got ill all weekend.  Needless to say, I did not get to start the cake on time. But, I'm still mostly pleased with the results.  Next time I do a cake in this design, I'll make the flowers a bit larger.

I have additional photos posted at debssweetspot.com.

No comments: