Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 31 or 32 - I'm not sure which!

First let me start off by saying that I find it odd that the website that I pull these pictures from finds you at 7 months of pregnancy at Week 31.  I'll never fully be able to wrap my mind around the math behind 40 weeks being equal to 9 months.  Even if you don't count the first two weeks, it's still 9 1/2 months.  Granted in my case, my body gestates longer by nature!

Things are going well for Baby G.  He's as active as ever and I can't wait to see how this plays into our lives come June!  I had to have a 3-hour glucose test last week and the results came back great.  My blood pressure and the baby's heart beat are awesome!  He's measuring just right and loving life in the womb! 

To be honest, I can't believe we have less than 9 weeks left. And to top it off, nothing is set up for the little guys arrival.  I need to do a yard sale to clean out the house, but am overwhelmed just by the thought of it all!  Thankfully we have all the major stuff and Brenna doesn't have to be out of the nursery until after the little guy comes, but I still feel so behind!  So this coming week I'll be prepping for a yard sale.  Every closet is getting cleaned out, the shed will be wiped out and the attic will finally have room!  That's the goal at least.

However, after the yard sale we'll start working on transforming "Sarah's room" into "The Girl's Room"!  The boys room doesn't need a whole lot of changes.  Mainly we need to add storage to create a roomier atmosphere and decide what we are going to do for closet space.  The desired goal is to build in a walk-in closet but we may just purchase a small wardrobe until we have everything put in place.

I have a sinking feeling that Baby G's arrival is going to hit Brenna hard.  She's such a Mamma's girl right now.  And to top it off, she doesn't share well!  Now I know that a lot of kids don't like to share.  That's a normal part of life, but my little Brenna takes it farther than most!  Only time will tell though. 

As for me, I miss sleep!  I'm not a side sleeper and that's the only way a huge pregnant lady is able to sleep.  If I lay on one side too long, my arm goes numb and then I have to switch to the other.  I toss and turn most nights! I'm also experiencing a bit of swelling when I'm not careful with my salt intake.  It's not horrible, but it is something that I'm not used to. 

Well, I'm it's time for me to leave the online world and tackle the dirty dishes and laundry...

No comments: