Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Know You're a Mom When...

Have you ever had one of those moments when you know you are a mom?  I'm talking above the spit up on your shirt type of moments?  I had one the other day driving to the store. I was alone in the van.  It was a great moment. I need quiet time to think and relax.  Not just any quiet time, but quiet time where there is no chance that a kid is going to come out and need me for something. My alone in the van time is just that.

To get back to my story, I love to sing in the car.  No one can hear me. I can sing as loud as I want to and offend no one. It's a glorious time, just me, my bad voice, some music and the van.  Priceless.  So here I am in the van, jamming to the music when suddenly it dawned on me - I was jamming to my kids Veggie Tales CD,. No folks, I'm not kidding.  It hit me about 8 minutes into my drive that I was getting down ti "God is Bigger than the Boogie Man." 

And then I did what any mom would/should do.  I laughed. And then I changed it over to an adult Christian station.  And then I laughed some more.  And that was my moment.  You know you are a mom when you are driving down the road, jamming to Veggie Tales and there a NO kids in the car!

What's your moment?

No comments: