Monday, November 9, 2009

It Begins...


Today I began a new work out regime.  You see, I'm fat. No, don't get all nice on me.  Nice does not change the size of my hips.  And no, I can not blame it on the baby. I lost the 20 pounds that I gained from Brenna not long after I came home.  Currently I sit at 182 pounds.  Don't gasp. It's a number that can change.  And, I don't give a hoot if anyone knows how much I weigh.  Too many folks get caught up on a number. Their lives revolve around it.  Mine doesn't.  That said, I'm fat and I've decide that it's time to change it. And I hope that this will motivate someone else to get a little healthier. (The above picture is not of me! I pulled it off of google. I'm not big posting images of my rolls!)

My weight has done the roller coaster thing all my life.  I'm happiest around 130. That's my long term goal.  Right now I'm aiming for a 10 pound loss by the end of the year. My friends, Randy and Tonyia, are joining me in this little endeavor.  We're hitting the gym 4-5 days a week.  It's going to be tough, but I'm looking forward to buying a spring wardrobe in a smaller size.  Buying XL's and size 16 pants are not doing much for my ego right now!

For the next two weeks, I'm going to work on being able to stay on the elliptical or treadmill for longer periods of time.  This morning I did 20 minutes on the elliptical at a lower level.  I want to increase the resistance to double the amount now.  After that, I'll be working to move that time up to 45 minutes.  My long term goal is to be able to run a few miles.  Ughh. I hate running in place, but I love the results.  And, I want to play softball this summer.  I need to be in better shape for that. 

In addition to cardio, I'm doing the weight circuit at the gym.  I made my first round this morning and my muscles felt like jello at the end. I'm certain tomorrow's workout will be tough, but I'm bound and determined to push through this tough spell.

And if I were not in for enough punishment at the gym, my loving hubby and kids gave me the Jillian Micheal's Shred DVD.  It's packed with some great workouts.  I tried it the other day and could not finish the video. I hurt for days after that.  But that's why I love Jillian.  She's tough and she knows how to get folks to lose weight. 

As far as my eating goes, I could lose a lot faster if I modified it. But, I'm not up for doing that right now. I know that for the moment, I can get off a good amount without changing my diet. That will have to change next year.  But for now I'm going to enjoy what I normally eat and not think about it!

As if that were not enough, I'm going to track my weight loss progress here. It'll probably be a post complaining about my sore muscles or something like that!  And I'll update with weight loss. It'll help motivate me to keep going!

No comments: