Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baked Cod with Curry Crumb Topping

I've been working on adding different meats into our diet and get a bit healthier about it as well. While at Sam's, I purchased a bag of froze cod.  One of the neat things about it was that I could put them in the oven frozen!  I wasn't sure how that would work, but after trying it, I was in love.  Even Ashton ended up eating 2 of them!  So here is my favorite rendition.



4 pieces of cod
1 teaspoon butter
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
1 teaspoon curry
1/4 teaspoon coriander

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  On a small baking pan, rub the bottom with butter.  Place cod 1/2" apart on the pan.  Coat the top of the frozen cod with olive oil. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, curry and coriander.  Mix lightly. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and mix until combined.  Pour breading evenly over each piece of cod.  Bake 22-25 minutes or until the cod is cooked thoroughly. 

No comments: