Wednesday, June 3, 2009

29 Weeks and Counting...

I went to the doctor this past week and did the lovely glucose tolerance test. They didn't tell me not to eat before the test. I had my normal bowl of cereal and went in to spend an hour in the waiting room. As I sat drinking the super sweet orange drink, I started reading the bottle. (The stuff is so gross that it takes a little time to get it down.) Apparently I was supposed to fast before I had the test. I wasn't too worried about failing the test. I'm pretty healthy. But after reading the bottle I was a little concerned. At that point it was too late.

That said, I got the call yesterday that I need the 3 hour mega test. I'll be stuck at the doctors for the entire time. When I get there, they will take my fasting glucose level. Then I'll get to have that delicious sugar goo again! Woo hoo!!! After that, they will draw blood every hour for three hours. Goodness, I can't wait! Really folks, I'm not being sarcastic. This is what every preggo woman wants to do early in the morning!

Other than that, things are going really well with the pregnancy. I'm not worried about having diabetes, but I will start eating better than I have been just in case. The baby still has no name. Daniel and I are procrastinating on that one. She is however the most active child in utero that I've experienced. She makes Sarah and Ashton look lazy (which they both were)! Her favorite time to wild is from 2-6 a.m. It's great bonding for the two of us!

I can't wait to meet her though. It's been such a wonderful experience to see the differences in Sarah and Ashton. It's amazing that God can make so many individual people with separate personalities. I love seeing how they change as they grow and how they learn through the stages. It's an amazing gift for a parent to be able to watch that development in their children.

Last but not least, I'm at the point where I will see the doctor every two weeks. I didn't even realize we were that close to the due date. It's funny how having two other kids to run after takes your mind off the length of a pregnancy. As for now, we are looking at a delivery date of August 10th or 11th. I'll find out when I go in next week.

Now I just have to find a new bed for Ashton and get some little girl bedding and clothes for this one. There is a good amount to do, but it feels like the delivery date is so far off. I know it will all get done and for some reason it doesn't bother me. Weird.

No comments: