Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 21 - It's A....

...GIRL!!! That's right folks. We are going to be blessed with another girl!! Daniel and I are so excited. Now it comes time to figure out a name. The work never ends! :)

All in all, everything on the ultrasound looked really good. I'll have to have one more ultrasound to confirm the positioning of the placenta. The doctor said it looked like it was covering my cervix. Lord willing it will move up, but if it doesn't it's not a big deal. They will monitor it just like everything else.

As always, I have insanely good blood pressure. That's surprising because I'm not in the best shape of my life. My weight is great! I've only gained one pound! I told the doctor that I was happy and he went all "male" on me. It was so funny. I told him that my goal is to not gain more than 15 pounds. He started stuttering around that I was shouldn't worry about it. I'm don't play the ignore the fat game when it comes to my weight. As long as someone is not being insulting, I have no problems talking about it. I told him that he didn't need to backpedal. I was very aware that I was overweight when I became pregnant. In fact, I had been working out and lost 5 pounds. And since I am overweight, I'm not required to gain the 30 pounds that most women do. He still kept stammering! Poor guy!

Sarah was a hit with the nurses this time. During the ultrasound, she asked the nurse quite a few questions that showed just how smart she was. The nurse was impressed and told the other nurses. After we went to the exam room, our new nurse started talking to Sarah and was amazed to find out that she wanted to be a herpatologist.

All in all it was a great visit and I'm so blessed to have laid back pregnancies. On top of that, I like knowing that my instinct about this child was dead on! It's a girl!

No comments: