1 box Velveeta Shells and Cheese (will work with the family size box as well)
1 can Italian style tomatoes w/ peppers and onions
4 leftover hamburgers (or 1/2 lb of browned hamburger meat)
1-2 cups of corn
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the shells and cheese according to the box directions. Do not overcook or the noodles will get mushy.
- While working on the pasta, place the can of italian tomatoes in a small skillet with some olive oil. Cook on medium low heat and stir when needed.
- Cut up the hamburger patties into small pieces. Add in with tomatoes when pasta is halfway done.
- Add 1-2 cups of corn to tomato mixture.
- When pasta is completed, add 1 cup of water from the pasta pot to the tomato mixture. Keep cooking the tomatoes.
- Drain pasta and add cheese.
- Add tomato mixture to the pasta. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour tomato mixture into a casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheddar cheese together. Apply to the top of the casserole.
- Spray the top of the casserole with Pam (or any other kind of cooking spray).
- Place on a sheet pan and then into oven.
- Cook until the casserole is bubbling and the top begins to brown.
This was a huge hit the other night. Even the baby, who is very picky about meat, loved this. It also tastes great the next day!