Friday, September 19, 2008

Fast and Delicious - BBQ'ed Chicken Thighs


Daniel and I have been working on reducing our budget. One area of that includes food. Normally I buy a good amount of chicken breasts. But lately I've been purchasing chicken thighs. They tend to sell for under a $1 a pound while the breasts sell for $3 a pound. Tonight I decided to try my hand at barbecuing them. I'm glad I did. Even Ashton, who is a bit tired of chicken, was licking his fingers!

1 container Bulls Eye BBQ Sauce*
Salt, pepper
Couple of squirts of liquid Hickory Smoke
Couple of squirts of Worcestershire Sauce
6-8 chicken thighs
1 gallon zip-top bag

Place the chicken thighs in the zip-top bag. Cover with water. Add 2 tablespoons salt (can use less if you marinade longer), Hickory Smoke and Worcestershire Sauce. Let marinade at least 15 minutes.

Heat the grill and spray with nonstick grill spray.

Take the thighs out and place them on some paper towels. Pat dry. Salt and pepper both sides. Place them on the grill skin side down for 10 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for10 minutes. Larger thighs may need a few additional minutes per side. Once they are done, generously slather on the BBQ sauce. Grill both sides long enough to cook on some of the BBQ sauce. Add on more if necessary.

Enjoy!

*I love the taste of Bulls eye. They do not add in high fructose corn syrup. However, this will work with whatever sauce you choose.

No comments: