Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Battle of the Buldge

Well, with all the stress, I'm now up to 170. Yup, that's right, I'm at 170. It's awful to me right now. I hate the fact that I stress eat. Unfortunately, I can't work out until I get my heart checked on February 7th. Until then, I'm not burning many calories so the eating is doing me in.

So, I've decided to go back to what's worked in the past. I have to eat at least 1500 calories a day because of breast feeding. That's a given. I've been getting those calories in snack food and cookies. As of today, I'll be tracking all my calories and working to make the majority of those that I do eat, healthy ones. I had a great start for breakfast. This morning, I enjoyed a cup of Breyer's yogurt with a 1/2 cup of Grape Nuts mixed in. It totaled 270 calories with 8 grams of fiber. Not a bad start for the day. On a good note, that leaves me with 1230 calories to go.

I'll be trying to fill all of my calories with healthy whole grain cereals and veggies and one good hearty meal at night. If this works, I'll be heading down towards 160 again. After the doctors visit, I plan on hitting the gym hard again. I'd like to be 140 by this summer. And, I'd like to fit into my old clothes again. My wardrobe is pretty sparse at this weight.

No comments: