Thursday, January 3, 2008

Archive Posts from February 2006

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some Kind of Illness
I've been tired for the past two months or so. Around the beginning of this month, it all came to a head when I started having severe stomach pains. The doctor diagnosed me with an ulcer and perceived Prevacid. That went well for a few days and then the pain returned. It was even more intense than the first time. Daniel kept pushing me to go back to the doctor.The doctor upped the Prevacid to twice a day and saw me again. He sent me to get an ultrasound. Yesterday, I found out that I have polyps in my gallbladder. Generally that does not cause any issues, so he's not sure what's going on. I'm going to see a gastrointestinal on Friday. They'll probably have to do a scope to check things out internally.The upped meds are helping, but I still have pain at certain points each day and I've been getting nauseous on and off since he upped the Prevacid. On top of that, this tiredness has become more intense. Sometimes, I can work through it. But a lot of times, I feel like I'm in a fog. For a while, I thought that maybe I was getting depressed. But I don't think that's the case. I really think that the tiredness is causing this listless feeling.I also feel like I've been not there for Daniel and Sarah. In addition to that, I feel like it's affecting work. My confidence in my abilities has taken a blow because some days my thoughts are so jumbled that I feel ineffective. It's nuts.Pray for me. Pray that God will direct the doctor to find the cause of my illness and that treatment is available. Lord willing.
posted by Debra at 6:57 AM 0 comments
Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wedding Update
Daniel and I are in the throws of planning for the wedding. We had a little setback last week. One of his relatives will not be able to photograph our wedding. Daniel has some friends who will do it for $1000. Yup, that's right, $1000. Somehow, we'll figure it all out. In the end, what really matters is that we are being married. Pictures are nice, but having that man by my side for the rest of my life is all that I need from that day.Daniel and I have been having the dumbest discussion over towels on our registry. There were 3 different colors for our 1 little bathroom. Plus, he's bringing 5 towel sets of colors that are different than the ones on the registry. I told him that we should take off one or two of the set and he didn't agree. To him, towels don't have to match. To me, we are asking for things that we want, and I'd LOVE to have matching towels for the bathroom. Plus, we do not have room to store 10-15 towels!It was driving me nuts, because his logic was not matching up with mine. If he didn't care, then why couldn't we remove them. Anyway, yesterday he told me we could remove the extra towels. I'm thinking about keeping only the green ones. I liked that color. But, the blue would look nice also. I'll see which one Daniel liked the best and go with it.Sometime next week, I hope to go get the dress. I'll then have to find someone to help with alterations. The bridal shop wants $120 to alter a few layers. That's almost half the price of the dress!!Daniel and I are also struggling a bit with temptation. Man oh man is it tough to hold back. Sometimes, I wonder if it's easier for him than it is for me. It's a toss up. But, both of us are committed to waiting until we are married. That's makes for a good 4 1/2 months of good ol' sexual tension. My goodness...We are also going to start our premarital counseling soon. I'm excited about that. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of that.I have to say, I'm so blessed that God placed Daniel in my life. I don't know what I would do without him. He makes me laugh at random times. He looks into my eyes and tells me that I'm beautiful. In his arms, I feel loved and secure. I've never respected a man more than I respect him. He's wonderful with Sarah and she's going to blossom under his attention and care. Actually, we are both going to blossom with him as the leader of our household.
posted by Debra at 8:19 AM 0 comments
Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So Tired
Lately, I've been out of sorts. My moods have been all over the place. I've gotten an ulcer. I've been on the verge of crying more times than I care for. What's going on? The sad thing is, I have no idea. Part of me wonders if the stress of work is affecting me more than I consciously recognize. Today I had to leave work because I was close to going off on a few people. I recieved 6 emails questioning the painstaking work that I did yesterday. Are you sure you have it right. Did you look at this or that. A good portion of it was from my colleages. Instead of coming to my face, they did it in a meeting with people from all over the businesses that I support. I was so bloody annoyed. On top of that, the work that is in question is still in progress. Changes have not been incorporated into the designs.Another part of me knows that I've been letting my time with God slide. I've been pouring myself out to work, Daniel, Sarah, the house and friends, but God has come last in a good portion of that. I know that I wont be right until I right that. But then, here I sit typing this instead of spending my time with Him.Pray for me...
posted by Debra at 12:42 PM 0 comments
Monday, February 06, 2006

Girls Night
Tonight was the second girls night meeting. Leah, Teresa and I have decided to meet regularly for encouragement and laughter. We bond over every day trials and and talk through subjects that otherwise would not be mentioned. It's helps us to go back into the world knowing that we have good Christian friends to walk beside us.Tonight, Leah agreed to be my third bridesmaid. She's such a special person and I know that I will be truly blessed by our growing friendship. Teresa is my other bridesmaid. Already, we have grown as good friends and bonded through life's trials.In addition to that, I came to understand just how much I appreciate Gods wisdom. He has a purpose for matching us with the mates that he's given us. I could never have married Teresa or Leah's husbands. Both would have turned me off completely. But then again, the same is true for them. God ways are perfect and our discussions tonight remind me that I'm right where he wants me to be. I'm making plans with the man who will one day be my husband. Things will not always be perfect, but we will abide in God's will for our lives.To my girlfriends, I give you thanks! There was a point in my life where I wasn't sure if I would ever have healthy friends. You are Gods blessing to me. Your friendship is one of my most valued treasures.Deb
posted by Debra at 11:39 PM 0 comments
Sunday, February 05, 2006

Gotta Love Ulcers...
...Not! I found out on Friday that I have an ulcer. It's nuts really. I'm 26 and I have an ulcer. I'm pretty certain that work is the main culprit. I've been realy stressed out about it for a while. Anyway, the Doc gave me some meds and I'll be on a bland diet for a month. Is that a cruel joke or what? I have to remember to take a pill for a month and then eat bland food on top of it.Well, I guess it's better than a hole in the gut!
posted by Debra at 7:35 PM 0 comments

No comments: