Thursday, January 3, 2008

Archive Posts from March 2006

Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Life
Goodness, time seems to be passing quickly. We've got a little over 3 1/2 months until the wedding and things are starting to come together. Daniel designed out wedding invitations and had them printed at Kinkos earlier this week. I can't wait to see the finished product. The samples he brought home were really wonderful. Plus, we saved about $50 to $100 by doing it ourselves.Daniel has been really busy with work lately. One of the coaches has been out due to a death in the family. This has caused Daniel to have to stay later with track things. It's been different, because I'm used to him coming over earlier in the evening. In addition to all his school work, Daniel has been doing a lot of work around the house. This weekend, he cleaned out the garage and pulled out some old cabinets that were falling apart. This was no small task. When he moves in, we'll be setting up the garage as a hang out place for his bible study and a little playroom for Sarah. Daniel has some really good ideas for setting things up. I know that it's going to look awesome when he's done.I've also been really blessed to have his help with Sarah. This weekend, I was not feeling well at all. Daniel washed all the dishes while I laid down on the couch and then put Sarah to bed for me. I ended up passing out on the couch while he took care of most of it. He's also helped with cleaning in general. My brain is wrapping itself around raising Sarah together with Daniel. I've been so used to doing it alone since she was born. He's getting his feet wet on the ups and downs of being a Dad and I'm getting my feet wet on learning to let him in on those things.Last night, we started training classes for our 75lb. dog Duncan. It went pretty well. He made a friend in class and really wanted to play hump her in public. Hopefully he'll learn a little about public decency while he's in there - LOL! We'll be clicker training. I'm not a big fan of the clicker method, but if it works I'm not going to complain. Daniel and I just have to be consistent about practicing the training daily with Duncan. He's really smart, so I'm sure he'll pick up on it quickly.Sarah has been doing well. She's having a bit of trouble paying attention in school. I've had to take away a good deal of her privilege until her weekly report comes back clean. I know she's going through a lot of change at the moment, but in the end, she still has to behave. Sometimes, I'm not sure if what I'm doing is the right thing with her.Anyway, it's time to get ready for work...

No comments: