Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Some days never seem to end. My MIL went under the knife and had some tumors removed.  What can I say about it?  I'm so grateful that there are doctors and medicines that help her stay alive.  But it's hard. I don't know how she does it. If it's this hard watching her go through it, if it's this hard watching my family grieve this disease... Well, each day is one step in front of the other.  How much more can ones heart stand? I don't know.  I held Sarah the other day as she realized the gravity of her grandmother's illness.  I held Daniel as it hit him that this vicious beast may win the battle for his mother's life sooner than we expect.  And the kicker is that we can't do anything in our power to stop it from happening. I hear Blessings by Laura Story over and over in my head.  What if your blessings come through rain drops, what if your healing comes through tears..."  What if... I'm telling you, one of the hardest lessons to teach your kids is that life is not fair.  And when you are an adult, you know that it's not fair but it's still hard to live through the unfairness of it all.

No comments: