Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Writing Day by Day

I have to admit that I have been purposefully neglecting the blog.  It's low on my to-do list and sometime I have so much more that I want to say but feel that I can not because of the people it involves.  When you blog publicly it sometimes hampers what you can say and that is where I am at.

What I can say is that we've been busy.  In the evenings, I just want mindless entertainment because my brain is fried!  Excuses, excuses... I know that is all I have but it is my reality!  Now that we are a family of six, I rarely have time to be alone and relax and meditate.  It's hard but so worth it!

I think I posted earlier, but we have moved back to our old church.  It's been reborn with a new pastor and a congregation that is working together for God.  Just this past week, Daniel received word that he would be moving to Pickens High as a drama teacher!  No more special ed for now!  He's going to miss the kids, but the paperwork and craziness that surrounds it will be no more! Hooray.  And my Sarah is doing great things with the violin.  We hope to find a way for her to get some lessons through the summer.  She competed in her first competition and got a superior rating -26 our of 28!  I'm so proud of her hard work and dedication. As for the other three, Ashton is learning to read. When he chooses, he sounds out three and four letter words.  Right now we are working on writing his name in cursive. Brenna is learning to count and is doing some of her ABC's.  I have not focused much on her yet because of her age. Next year we'll focus more on the ABC's, shapes, colors and numbers.  Ian is growing and changing in all the amazing ways that a baby can! He's pulling up and doing the commando crawl.  His first birthday comes up in another month and I'm hoping to find a cake to make him.  

Well, I was going to make this a longer post but a phone call interrupted my computer time! 

No comments: