Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Sick Kids

We are in for a ride right now.  The three youngest kiddos are sick with some sort of cold.  There is a little coughing, some lovely fevers and all the runny noses a mom could ask for. And did I mention that it gets worse for all of them at night?  Well it does.  Brenna and Ashton get hit the worst from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. and then Ian wakes up with a spiked fever around 4 a.m. (give or take a half hour).  This time certainly tests even the toughest of moms.  As all that goes on, I must admit that I'm grateful to my heavenly father that they are fairly laid back during the day regardless of their symptoms.  Ian is the only one that is giving me a little trouble but that is more because he is a Mommas boy and does not believe that anything is more important than me holding him any time of day! 

Tomorrow I'm going to face the doctor dilemma. Do they have a standard cold or is it something more.  Should I take them to the doctor for a strep or flu test or do I wait it out 4 more days.  Most colds last 7-10 days and I may just be in the middle of things.  I really hate going in and hearing, "It's just a virus that's going around."  I know it should be reassuring, but I like my illness' with names and medications that treat them. 

Just keep praying for us.  I could use some down time to process all the things that have happened this past week. My mom's health continues to decline.  While the doctors will not say how long she has left, I know that there is a good chance that she will not live to see the end of January.  But for now I have the kiddos to focus on and it's taking most of my mental capacity to be on alert for all of them. Each day I have to draw up a medicine chart just to track the times they can have each one.  Have I mentioned that I'm being distracted by the Christmas decorations that are still up?  They are driving me nuts.  So many trivial things and other deep things.  Beginnings and endings all in one.  And laundry. There is always laundry!

No comments: