Sunday, October 30, 2011

So Glad For Sunday

According to most calendars (and some people), Sunday is the true beginning of the week.  I'm so thankful for that.  If you read yesterday's post, I got some exciting news.  The SC Cottage Food Law has some official language that legislators are passing around.  But with the good things, there have been some not so good stuff going on.

Daniel's mom came down with pneumonia.  She's doing the whole chemo thing and her immune system is not up to snuff.  God has been answering many prayers and she has stayed out of the hospital, but she's not out of the woods yet.  In addition to that, while I was talking with my mom, my dad fell and dislocated his shoulder. My mom is also going through the whole chemo thing and we will see shortly if the new rounds of treatment are preventing the spread of her cancer.  And tonight we found out that Daniel's aunt has tumors on her kidney. They found it because she was having some painful swelling in her hip. They are most likely going to be removing her kidney sometime soon.  Do you see why I want the new week to start?

Some days I would like to question God on his plans. I try not to.  He uses all things for his glory and my small little mind only catches glimpses of his plans. I have to admit though, I hope and pray my family gets a break soon.  We've lost three relatives in the past few years and now two relatives have serious cancers attacking them and one more may have it as well.  And Daniel's grandmother has had a lot of health issues on top of it.  God knows why all this is happening.  I trust that he'll walk us through this valley just as he has in the past.  It's just a tough road sometimes.

Anyway, I'm glad it's Sunday.

No comments: