Friday, January 14, 2011

A Target Savings Bonanza!

A month or so after Christmas, Target has a great clearance sale.  Last year I purchased enough toy gifts to last until Christmas. I still had to get a few things, but not many.  It saved Daniel and I a ton of money.   When I saw the notice on Hip2Save that Target was doing it again, Daniel and I decided that I should work some magic again! And what a trip I had.  I wish I had gotten better pictures, but these give you the idea of what I purchased.  Keep in mind that this will provided birthday and Christmas presents for Ashton, Brenna, the new baby, 2 nephews, 1 niece and some cousins for all of this year.  I'm so excited!

  A table and chairs set and a Disney Princess kitchen...
Two Tonka Truck sets...

 Hot Wheel Sets, Lego Sets, Star Wars toys, a bath toy and some wild animals...
 And here is the rest of the it...
 A guitar, a princess cake set, baby toys, dinosaurs, Dora and more...
 Littlest Pet Shop figures, cribbage games, a vintage music toy, more Lego sets and a frog game...
 And more Legos (my nephews are addicts) and a wiggly dragon toy.  The end!

And I decided to let Ashton go ahead and have the dinosaurs.  I purchased two different ones previously and paid $6.  This time I got five dinosaurs (one was camera shy) and paid $0.78 each!

I'm sure you are wondering what I paid for all those toys.  I guess it's time to share -

Original Cost - $587.98
Sales Cost - $167.37
Total Savings - $420.61
Total Number of Toys - 34
Average Cost Per Item - $4.92

That's right!  Over $400 in savings!  And these are brand name toys!  We are soon to be a family of 6 living off of a teachers salary.  Taking advantage of clearance sales to pre-buy birthday and Christmas toys saves us a lot of money each year. If you were looking closely, the Princess kitchen has a torn box.  I checked the stuff inside and it was intact.  But because of the rip, a $60 kitchen cost us only $15.  Since it will be an item that will be pre-assembled before gifting, the box condition does not matter.  To be honest, it wouldn't matter if we left it in the box.  I seriously doubt that Brenna will complain either way!  And to make things even better, I don't have to rush around next year in Black Friday sales to get similar prices!

No comments: