Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saving Money

It's been a while since I've posted on here about my attempts to be frugal.  I had a really good week this week between Bilo, Publix and CVS. I've lost my Publix receipt for the moment, but I can tell you that I saved a lot by only purchasing sales items.  And they have my favorite pasta- Barilla -  on sale for buy one get one free.  I wish I could say I had pictures, but we put away all the stuff before I could snap some shots.

CVS Purchase list

Blink Eye Drops
Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets
Gillette Profusion Razor
4 Right Guard Deodorants
36ct Pampers Baby Dry diapers
Pampers wipes

Without coupons, ECB's or sale items,  I would have paid $64.61before tax.

Including tax, coupons and ECB's I only paid $11.39.  Momma did good!

Since I had such a hard time finding the Blink Eye Drops, I went out and purchased them tonight because they are on sale and I picked up another Gillette Profusion Razor.

Before deals:  $24.58
After Coupons, ECB's and sales: $8.87 and I received $12 in Easy Care Bucks for my next purchase.  I love making a profit when shopping!

And to make this CVS trip better, I had a fun chat with the cashier who excitedly showed me the bag full of goodies she got for just $8! I'm always touched by coupon bonding!


Now for my Bilo take. 

6 large bottles of Emerald Peanuts
2 boxes Cocoa Puffs
2 boxes Kix
Ritz Crackers
2 Hillshire Farm Kielbasa's
2 Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausages
2 Smokey Cheddar cracker spreads

Before Coupon cost/savings cost was $58.44.
Final Cost with taxes: $25.01

I will admit that we probably have more razors than we can use in the next few months.  And the peanuts may seem over the top, but they are so versatile and they will keep for this holiday season if the boys do not eat them all first.  But the good thing about deal shopping is that I get items that I normally would not buy for little to nothing.  That allows me to spend only $70-100 a week on groceries.  And in Psalms it tells of how a good wife manages the money in her household well.  That's my goal.  I want to manage our money in way that glorifies God and balances our budget!

No comments: