Monday, July 12, 2010

Saving Money and All That Jazz


I love to save money.  I really do. But I dislike all the work it takes.  You see this stuff on my table. It took me a long time to figure out how to buy it all for the least amount of money.  I wont tell you how long.  It's embarassing and I know many are a lot faster than I am.

In the end, after coupons, Easy Care Bucks, sales and rebates, I will have paid $4.  That kind of makes up for the pain.  Mostly... I went to CVS last week and made another great hall.  Albeit, it was not as good at my $4 week.  I did manage to get 4 Sobe waters and 2 Gatorade's for free.  And I scored an Oil of Olay kit that I've wanted for some time for $11 (It's normally $30).  Plus I'm really enjoying trying out new products that I would typically overlook.  Last week I found some Cover Girl eye liner that I now love. And I scored some great mascara and free eye shadow.  And I've been really impressed with the John Frieda Hair Care products. 

If you are interested in learning how to do the CVS/Walgreens/RiteAid deal thing, go to Southern Savers for a great tutorial.  I mainly stick with CVS, but I did score the Finesse in the picture above at Walgreens.  For me, I would never have purchased most of this stuff had it not been for penny's on the dollar.  My budget did not allow for it. 

For those of you who worry about buying stuff you don't need, think of all the organizations you can donate this stuff to.  For me, anything that I don't think we'll use will be going to the Needs Closet/Food Pantry at our church.  I'm certain that your town has a shelter or that you know a family in need who would appreciate any of the things that you could donate.

No comments: