1 package of ground turkey (mine was frozen)
1 cup (give or take) crushed roasted tomatoes
1/2 pack of egg noodles
2 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the egg noodles for 6-8 minutes.
- Dice up the onion. Cook over medium heat with the olive oil until it's translucent. Adding a pinch or two of salt will speed this up some.
- Add in frozen turkey when the onions are almost done. Continually scrape the cooked meat off the frozen chunk. Skip that if you are using thawed meat.
- Once the turkey is done, taste it and see if it needs salt. Season to taste.
- Add crushed tomatoes (you could sub this for left over red sauce).
- Add a 1/2 cup or so of the pasta water.
- Drain the egg noodles and add to the skillet with the turkey and sauce.
It's quick, easy and loved by kids. You can't beat it!