Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hell and High Water

As I've mentioned before, I've been on a weight loss journey.  Except, I'm not going anywhere.  I'll be hitting the gym 3-4 times a week for a few weeks and then something like the stomach flu hits our house.  And the gym, well it's on the back burner.  So where am I weight wise?  Right where I started.  No kidding folks. 

Well today I decided that I've been lazy at home long enough.  I pulled out my Jillian Micheals Shred DVD and popped it in. It seemed like God may have had my number on the bad back reasoning.  I checked the mail before doing the video and this new pain relief spray that I ordered was there staring back at me.  I pulled it out and sprayed down my back as best as I could and then went and started The Shred.  When Jillian said to do jumping jacks, I knew that something important was missing.  Something very, very important. 

Last year, I wanted to start running.  You could say that the plan fell through!  But on a good note, I ended up getting the best sports bra that I've ever had. There is no bounce.  There is no movement.  It's awesome.  The only down side is the whole uni-boob effect.  But I could care less what anyone thinks of me when I'm working out.  That said, I had to stop The Shred and take care of the problem.

After that, things went well.  That's not the right way to put it.  Jillian and her friends made everything look deceptively easy.  I huffed and I puffed and I moaned (not in a good way) and became even more determined to finish Level 1 and not give up. Come Hell or high water, I was going to finish that blasted tape, even it killed me!  I had to take a 5 minute break and I couldn't do as many of some of the exercises, but I finished.  I even managed to do a modified crunch when my back decided that the bicycle crunch was way more than it was willing to do!

All in all, I'm happy that I made it here and have some ability to type.  Tomorrow may be a different story!

No comments: