Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010

I detest resolutions.  A few years ago, I decided that I was going to stop making them.  For the most part, I failed at completing them.  And when I did, I got a bit depressed.  I learned that the best way for me to succeed was to make goals.  If I meet my goal, I'm happy. If not, I work on it again the next year.  It's not a pass/fail type thing.  It's something that I'm working on.  Goals change and move out.  That I can live with and I tend to be more successful that way.  So here are some of my 2010 goals:

  1. Update my blog weekly.  I'm so far behind. And then I avoid my blog.  Somehow I think it will update itself and I will be surprised  when I check it out.  So far that's not worked!
  2. Get in shape.  Yes I want to lose weight, but I want to be able to run more and have that thing called energy.  I'm sure I had it once.  
  3. Grow spiritually.  Since moving to SC, I feel like I've flat-lined in my walk.  That's not where I want to be.  I've been waiting for church to wake me up, but God has been working in my heart and made it clear that growing spiritually is my responsibility.  
  4. Be a better wife.  This is a yearly goal.  I have some specifics, but it's late and I really want to get a post in before another week passes!
  5. Be a better mother.  Same as the previous.  
  6. Build up my Premier Designs business so that we can pay off some bills that are preventing us from going into full-time ministry.
  7. Continue on our debt snow-ball.  Medical bills are making it tough, but we are determined to get through Dave's steps!
So with that, I'll turn in.

Happy New Year!

No comments: