Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sausage and Egg Noodles

I have to confess, I decimated our food budget after a trip to Gaffney.  I know, it was shameful.  But on a rare occasion, I get in the mood to shop. And then Daniel signed off on the purchases.  And now, now I am scrounging around the cupboards for meal ingredients.  And even after all that rotteness, God in his mercy allowed me to pull this quick and easy meal together!

1 package egg noodles
5 brats or 1 kielbalsa
1/2 - 1 cup of spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon beef boullion

  1. Put a pot of water on to boil.  Add 1 tablespoon of beef boullion. Once boiling, add the egg noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes.
  2. While you are waiting, cut up the sausage into bite size pieces.  Place the sausage in a deep pan and cook it until it's done.  Make sure you get some nice color on the sausage.
  3. Once the egg noodles are done, pour all but 1 cup of water off.  Add the water and noodles to the pan with the sausage. 
  4. Add 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce.  Stir it all together.  If the noodles look dry, add more sauce.
And that's it!  Put this in a nice bowl and watch your hungry minions dive in.  I used Ragu Light Basil and Tomato spaghetti sauce for this.  Normally I run from Ragu.  It's not my favorite, but I had coupons and got it for next to nothing. And I'm glad I did.  I actually like this one kind of Ragu! Its' shocking!

No comments: