Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cabin Fever

I'm slowly going crazy in my house. On Saturday, Ashton started getting sick. It looked like another random fever virus. However, by 8 p.m. he developed an extremely painful cough that kept us up all night. I decided to call the triage nurse at the pediatrician's office to see if we could give him cough medicine in addition to the Advil/Tylenol cocktail. They wanted us to come in. To make a long visit into a short story, it turned out that Ashton had the beginning stages of pneumonia. The doctor was surprised at the quick onset and gave us some antibiotics to help kill off what's ailing him.

Now we are at Thursday. For the past two-three weeks, I haven't left the house much because of the morning/all-day sickness that I've been dealing with. Now I'm finally starting to feel a lot better and poor Ashton gets sick. He's so pitiful when he coughs, but overall is starting to improve. So right now, I can't go anywhere because it would not be good for him. And Daniel has been working his tush off as school, track, college and with his home-bound students. So here I am starting to go stir crazy because my sick little man can't go anywhere and I'm ready to go anywhere but here!

Today I'm praying that the fever breaks for good so that Daniel and I can go hang out with our friends on Super bowl Sunday. Ashton and Sarah will get to see their friends from church and Daniel and I will get to fellowship with our friends. Plus, if I don't get out of this house I'm going to go nuts. Sarah might also. She's been really good for the past weeks, but you can the past few days of nothing to do is getting to her...

No comments: