Friday, September 12, 2008

Wonderful Deals at WeeCycle

Each year in Pickens some wonderful folks set up a huge consignment type sale in the old Winn Dixie building. They fill it with all kinds of used kids things, furniture and some individual booths. Last year I was dreaming of spontaneously going into labor and forgot to go. I more than made up for that tonight.

Sarah and I decided to make a trip and see what the fuss was all about. I'm going stop here and mention that I'm not a fan of going through clothes. Tonight was no different. But, that is where Sarah comes in. She inherited a shopping gene from somewhere and has no issues searching through clothes. We managed to get Ashton a few cute outfits. And, Sarah found a great winter coat, a leotard and a gorgeous dress.

In addition to that, I was able to find Ashton 3 new toys. The first we picked up was a walker toy. He's not to keen on that one due to a coordination issue. The second was a Fisher Price play tent with a door. It even had the toys that normally get lost and are never seen again. Once he let go of the balls, he thought the door was pretty cool.

Then came the find that I've been dreaming of since he was born. It's a Fisher Price Barn toy. It's no longer made by the company, but it's the best kids toy that I've seen in a long time. A friend lent me one to use with Sarah and she loved it. Sar and I picked that bad boy up for a mere $2 and came on home.

These toys are officially birthday presents. Since Ashton has no idea what a birthday is, I figured it was safe to go ahead and let him have them. The minute I sat the barn toy down, Ashton was intrigued. The previous owner left in the batteries (or maybe that's the policy) and we were able to show Ashton what it did. He went nuts. For the first 20 minutes he didn't even care that we had a few other new things on the floor. We'd move the dangly toy and the song and lights would come on. He would laugh and become transfixed as the lights flashed.

To be honest, I didn't think he would get that big of a kick out of the toy. My thoughts were on the next child that Daniel and I will have. I figured he/she would love it as much as Sarah did. It a big bonus to see that Ashton loves it as well. I don't think it will make it's way to the attic for a while...

If possible, I'll post a video or picture of Ashton and Sarah playing with it. They are so cute together.

No comments: