Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Almost 2 a.m.

Here's to another morning spent with my cranky but lovable son. He's such a doll. At least that's what I have to remind myself of when he wont go back to sleep. I'm ready for some sleep but at this age reasonable sleeping schedules don't seem to count for much.

As of Sunday, we were out of fever territory. Now, I think we are back into teething mode. His first one broke through last week and now it's neighbor wants to know what all the fuss is about. I'm almost certain that the neighbors to the north are starting to come down to visit their southern counterparts. I guess I'm in for some more sleepless nights.

It's so funny. We went to the pool tonight. Daniel and I figured we'd get two tired kids out of all the fun. Ashton was so tired that he fell asleep on Daniel when they went out. Sarah and I swam for a while after that. Ashton went down well, but now he's talking while chewing on something.

I don't know how much longer I can go without a decent schedule. Did I mention that he woke up screaming at 3 a.m. last night. It was the blood curdling, something is killing me, get me out of here now scream. I shot up out of bed and ran to his room. Thankfully it was dark! Well, all of that sprinting happened for a diaper change. Daniel reached the room just as I was lifting him up and wanted to hold him. I gave him the package deal and went back to bed! Lucky for Daniel, Ashton decided to go back to sleep. Maybe soon I'll know what that feels like.

My exhaustion was so complete that I napped right along with Ashton this morning. Well, maybe not napped. I was completely out of it. Somehow I managed not to drule (lol).

No comments: