Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dinner with the Inlaws

Last night Daniel, the kids and I went over to my mother-in-law's house for dinner. Daniel's sister Jen came with her hubby and kids. We all had such a great time. The kids ran around playing (and arguing)! Daniel's dad and I exchanged many witty/sarcastic comments and once again, he did not come out ahead. In addition to that, we were able to sit down and catch up. I can't begin to say how incredibly blessed I am to have them all in my life.

Sarah got to spend the night with Grammy. She's been wanting to do that for a while. She used to spend many nights with her Deedee in Virginia when we lived there and has missed doing that. While Grammy doesn't replace that, the time that Sarah gets with her one on one means so much to her (and her parents).

Daniel and I returned home in a quite van with a teething little boy. We put Ashton down and were ready for an evening together. Then Daniel got a headache. Life is funny that way...

1 comment:

Alicia Looper said...

So true! I understand how unpredictable life can be.

I think Jason and I may sneak into Stephen and Paula's class in the morning.

Let me know if you need anything!