Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Messies Anonymous

I hear by call this meeting to order.

I, Debra Graybeal officially admit to being overwhelmed by housework! I have no choice but to persevere (AKA no one else will do it). So tonight after I finish blogging, I will force myself to finish cleaning up the bathroom, where my poor little girl got sick all over the floor. Then I will unload the dishwasher and put away the stuff that I hand cleaned earlier. Do I feel like it? Heck no, but I have to do it or I will avoid it like the plague tomorrow and that will prove to be a bad decision. Then I will head to bed and dream of all the things that I will force myself to do tomorrow. Will they get done? Who knows. A girl can dream though...

Well, that about sums it up. I hate housework and sometimes it really gets the best of me. I told Daniel today that I wasn't sure that I could bring the clutter back together. There are end of school and back from vacation things all over the house. I have a hard time figuring out what to keep and what to toss. On top of that, the cats were locked in the house for a day and half because we had to rush to leave for vacation a day early (more later). The toilet lids were down so Ted had no where to go but on the floor. (Yes, our cat can use the toilet and no, he does not flush.) Today we think we found the last spot he used. Yuck!

Well, I think I've stalled long enough. Here I come bathroom....

Update: I was just checking Girl Talk for a little spiritual boost when I read this article. Right now I'm wiping a tear from my eye and thanking the Lord for a little perspective.

No comments: