Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crazy Weight

Ughh. I haven't wrote about the weight situation in a while. It's not looking good. At Ashton's last doctors visit, I was told to add 500 calories to my diet to help fatten him up. Well, I don't think he's going to ever be a fat baby. I was talking with my family and friends and after getting some advice, I stopped the added calories and added in some extra food into his diet. He still is not increasing dramatically in weight. Since he's developmentally on target, I've been assured not to worry. Not all babies stick to the chart.

Now, those extra calories did nothing to help with the milk supply. They did however GLUE themselves to my rear end. Now I have to lose them as well. I'm having a hard time getting to the gym because of Ashton. I'm trying to be good about not taking him out when he has a fever. It seriously cuts into my time. I'm sure you're thinking that I should do my workouts at home. That just never happens.

First, have you tried doing Pilate's with a puppy jumping around or a fussy baby providing background music. It's not so great. Second, I don't like working out. You look kind of dumb if you're standing around watching people workout so I have to get involved. Third, I'm lazy. At home equals housework or rest. Now that it's spring, I'll be inspired to go transform the yard. For now, I have to talk myself into walks around the town. And that doesn't happen often.

I'm embarrassed to state my post hundreds of calories weight so for now, I'll tell you that I've lost a pound for this week - Hooray! My new goal is at least a pound a week. I have to be careful not to loose too much or it will decrease my milk supply. Losing weight is not worth losing the milk. (At least that's what I keep telling myself!)

Oh, for all those who say that breastfeeding helps you to lose weight. Well, I'm one of the minority whose body is convince that all the weight plus any additional is required until I stop breastfeeding. It happened that way with Sarah and this time it's no different - Ughhh...

No comments: