Friday, October 28, 2011

Did You Ever Imagine...

"Mom, did you ever imagine you were a microphone?" asked my curious little man as we drove along the highway. I have to admit, some questions catch me by surprise.  I calmly answered, "Well no dear, I have never imagined that I was a microphone."  With his question answered, he sat back in his seat for the remainder of the ride. 

But it got me thinking thoughts that you can only have when the kids suddenly go quiet in the car and you've just been asked a random question. What would it be like to be a microphone?

My mind flashed back to the first time I saw Steven Tyler singing on TV.  His mouth was huge!  And he spit all over the microphone!  So if I were a microphone, I would be spit on.  And I would have someone singing/speaking/yelling into me.  To make matters worse, what if I ended up being a microphone used by multiple people.  How much spit and germs would I endure... Sweaty hands, being dropped...Ughh. 

So now I have imagined being a microphone and I thought I would share.  And now that I have thought through it, I figured I would share it with you.  And now you are going to think about being a microphone.  Yeah, I like sharing!

No comments: