Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Picking for the First Time

Believe it or not, I've never been apple picking.  Or if I have, I don't remember it! Our friend Judi and her daughter Hanna joined us for the adventure.  And she introduced us to apple cider doughnuts and Apple Cider slushies! If I had known how good they were, I would not have brought a lunch!  I lost my smaller camera and can only post some of our pictures from the day. 

 Sky Top 2011 or "Apple Mountain" (as Ashton calls it)
 Heading out to pick some apples.
 Sarah helping Brenna pick.
 Hard at work.
 Ashton couldn't go on without a bite of apple!

Brenna needed a snack as well.
And Sarah joined in as well!
I love this shot! 
 And here is our friend Hannah. 
The girls started getting a little scary looking...
So we took a break.
 
And this picture sums up Brenna perfectly!  She even eats apples with an attitude!

And we did manage to bring a half a bushel of apples home.  After the apple donuts and apple cider slushies entered the picture, the kids took a break on the apples!  From that bushel, I made some apple butter, apple pancakes, apple fritters, apple sauce and an apple pie!  We'll be heading up to pick Granny Smith Apples soon!

No comments: