Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plain Homemade Bagels

First and foremost, this is not my photo!  I  borrowed it from this link. And, over at TastyKitchen.com, you will find the tutorial for making homemade bagels.  I didn't change anything when I made them this morning.  Ashton and I sat out on the front porch eating these bagels with peanut butter spread on them.  We didn't talk much because we were too busy savoring the delicious bagels!

As for making them, they took a little longer than the prep/cook time stated.  Rising time alone was about 50 minutes, added to mixing and baking time, the whole thing took around an hour and a half. I do believe that you could mix the dough the night before, let it go through the first rise and roll them out for bagels and stick them in the fridge.  Then in the morning, pull them out and let them come to room temperature and rise (if necessary).  After that all you would need to do was boil them and bake them!  I may do that next time.  Then again, you could bake them the night before, but then you wouldn't have them fresh out of the oven for breakfast. Either way they would be divine and really simple to make.

Here is the link to the printable recipe.  Head on over there and try it today!

No comments: