Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ho-Hum, Blah, Ughh...

That was my week a little while back. Nothing was overly horrible, but then again nothing was grand either.  It was the same old stuff happening on a different day. I get up, feed the kids, do some cleaning, deal with attitudes, whining and crying, take a nap, feed the kids some more, etc.... During those days, I kept having this chorus stuck in my head. 

The enemy has been defeated
And death couldn't hold You down
We're gonna lift our voice in victory
We're gonna make Your praises loud


I sang that for 3 days before I finally realized that God was reminding me that the enemy has been defeated and I needed to snap out of the funk and live like it!  So the next time you are feeling like you are just existing, remember that the enemy has been defeated.  We are confident of that and we need to live like that.  Joyful that death had no hold on our Savior. Life is not meant to be blah.  And we are not meant to walk around like that.  Our side has won!  

I hope and pray that God places that song on my heart every time I get the blah feeling.  I want to live in victory.  I want to make praises to God.  It's a lot more fun than just existing!

No comments: