Thursday, December 11, 2008

Letting it Out

I need to vent. I need to just rage on but I can't. Not because I don't want to, but because I trying to know it all as some may say. So what do I do? Well, here is my ambiguous blog about stuff that annoys the heck out of me. And technically, while I use this blog to update folks, it's also like a diary that others can read (hence you will not see names in the post).


I like to complain. I think it's okay for others to complain. (And here is the BUT to that statement.) BUT, there has to be a point where you stop complaining and start taking actions. I'll give you an example that's personal to me. I've been having a hard time losing the baby weight and the extra stress weight. I hate it. I hate the way I look and feel. I've complained a bit about it and then I told myself I either had to put up (start working out) or live with being fat. I'm doing my best to work out as often as I can and to try and eat better. I stated my goal and am working toward it.


So today I'm annoyed about a goal that's been stated but people are not working toward it. They complain and get huffy when results are not realized. They moan that success eludes them and the world is so tough on them. And all I have to say is cry me a freaking river. Boo freaking hoo. It's time to put up or shut up. Today I ate pasta. Pasta loves my butt. I eat and it takes up residence on one hip or the other. Do I complain? Only to myself because I screwed up. It's not cosmic forces, it's not outside sabotage, it's just me doing the wrong thing.


You know what makes it worse? When the folks who complain about how things never work out and get mad when you make a statement about how/what they can change that. If you don't want people to help, stop complaining about the things you screw up. Accept responsibility and move on. And also accept that when you screw up repeatedly, you affect other people. Change what you can or accept that this is your reality and live with it. And stop complaining!!!


Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Phillipians 2:14-18



No comments: