Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hospiblogging

It's currently 2:35 a.m. and I am still awake. At the moment I hear the hum of various hospital machines and one man whose snores are the only thing that has managed to bring Daniel out of his hard won drug induced sleep. It's delightful.

In addition to all that fun, I was told 2 hours ago that they may not remove Daniel's gall bladder. I'm getting ticked. I hope by the time the surgeon shows his face that this has changed. I'm not in the mood to here that since his gall bladder is not life threatening, it's not a big deal. My husband can not pick up his son without having sever pain. He is having trouble working the entire day because he is in pain. And he can't take the meds because the administration thinks being doped up at work, even when necessary, is a good example for the kids.

I haven't had a good verbal fight in while. On top of that, I'm tired - tired physically and tired of seeing my husband in pain for something that is easily treated. I hope the surgeon sees why waiting another 2-3 weeks is not an option. If he/she doesn't, then we're going to be having a very heated chat.

P.S. I think it's pretty cool that hospitals have wireless internet. We brought the computer just in case and I'm glad we did.

No comments: