Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sarah the Superstar

I woke up yesterday feeling terrible. My head was killing me and I had become a mouth breather overnight. I'm sure Daniel thought it was sexy. So when he went off to work, I had to get up and take care of the kids. It's tough to manage a 7 year old and 1 year old when you are miserable.

I started out by making hash browned potatoes for breakfast. Ashton was so impressed that he smiled and laughed each time he had some. He's definitely going to be a meat and potatoes man when he gets older. As for Sarah and I, this is where the sick mom part really showed up. We munched on cookie bars in addition to the potatoes. I didn't even get upset when Sarah didn't finish her breakfast. I just offered up another cookie bar. Amazingly, she ate it with a smile on her face.

Then she went in and cleaned up her room without complaining. After that, she put away all the clean dishes. I was so sick that I told her we were skipping school for the day. She was excited. Then, being the kind, caring and wonderful daughter that she is, she entertained Ashton until he was ready for a nap. She was awesome.

Once Ashton went down, I told Sarah that I needed to go back to bed. I'm still not certain how I managed to stay awake and semi-coherent as long as I did. She loved getting a free morning and control of the TV. And I loved how responsible she was in taking care of Ashton and completing her chores with a good attitude.

Thanks to the long nap yesterday morning, I can't get to sleep tonight. And, I still can not breath. Even worse, I'll have to push through the tiredness tomorrow to get my body to readjust to going to bed on time. Ugh.

No comments: