Friday, September 5, 2008

My Recent Miricales.

My good friend Alicia posted an entry about her "Miracle Jewelery" the other day. You should check it out. At the end, she asked about others miracle story. I've had two that have come up recently. Both of them may seem like ordinary events to most, but to me they are proof of God's daily miracles.

Two weeks ago (give or take a few days), I was cooking dinner. I realized after I had heated the oven that a pan filled with oil was sitting in it. I regularly store oil that can be used one more time in the over in order to avoid washing the pan in between meals. My laziness didn't pay off this time! I grabbed a towel, pulled the pan out of the oven and set it on the stove top. I put in the casserole and started to grab another pot to place on the stove top. I needed a burner so I grabbed the hot pan that I had just placed on the stove and went to move it.

Well, my brain sent some very clear pain signals to my hand and I pulled back. I looked at my palm and knew right away that it was going to be bad. I said a quick prayer and rushed to my bathroom. Once there, I grabbed my container of Eucerin. It's a really thick creamy lotion that works wonders on sunburns. I took out a huge amount and coated the palm of my hand. By this time the pain was starting to set in pretty good. With the lotion on, I grabbed a small towel from towel closet and went for an ice pack.

As I sat in the chair struggling not to cry (Sarah was already worried and I didn't want to alarm her more), I looked under the cloth and saw that my entire palm was red. It had that "I'm going to blister" look. I called Daniel to see if he could go by the drug store for some large bandages. When he came home, I put some triple antibiotic ointment on my hand and wrapped in in the bandage. It hurt like crazy. Then I had to drive Sarah to the library and that didn't feel too good.

As the day went on, I was getting more and more perplexed. My hand didn't hurt as badly as it should. I finally took the bandage off and found that my palm had not blistered. In fact, it was only a red in a few places. Within a day or so, even those places were gone.

Some may say it was the lotion or the ice pack, but I'm telling you it was a God thing. I've burned myself on pans many times before with much different results. He knew how much I would need my hands and boy did he take care of that burn.

The second miracle just happened yesterday...

Last week Daniel and I received our van tax bill. Then a few days later we received our car insurance bills (we pay for 6 months at a time). We were a bit worried about our finances. With two birthdays and getting Sarah signed up on the swim team, we were tight already. On top of that, Daniel's tutoring job has ended and we are living off of the teacher's salary alone. Needless to say we were budgeting to the last penny and the next few months would be a little rough.

Well, Daniel and I lifted this up to the Lord. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting his answer to come so soon. I went out to the mailbox and found a refund check from Greenville Memorial Hospital. It was enough to help us pay the car insurance off this month so we could focus on getting the car tax next month.

God is so good to us. He made sure that I would have use of my hands to care for my family and that we would have enough to cover this months bills. We'll be tight again next month, but it's now manageable thanks to God's wonderful gift! He is so amazing!

P.S. I also think it's a miracle that someone figured out how to write a spell check program. Without it, I would hate to see the misspellings you would be reading!

No comments: