Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back to Life

This weekend was wonderful and wild! Ashton was dedicated on Sunday and we had a ton of family down to celebrate with us. I love feeding people, so this worked out well for me. Daniel and Sarah showered me with cards and Sarah got me the softest pair of socks that I've ever owned. They are infused with aloe and feel so good to walk in. I want a body suit made out of whatever it is they used!

We all had a wonderful time visiting with our North Carolina/Georgia relatives. Daniel's mom is such a blessing. She brought over tables, chairs, paper plates/napkins, and other things in addition to making a squash casserole. I specifically requested the squash casserole! It's unbelievably delicious. I prepped my part of the meal Saturday night. We made Cajun chicken breasts, grilled zucchini, green beans baked with garlic, butter cake with a lemon butter cream icing, and a tangerine chiffon cake. Because of all the prep from the previous night, it all went off without a problem. Everyone got to relax and enjoy each other's company and to celebrate the moms.

It's such a blessing to have such a wonderful family come and commit to helping you raise your child to know the Lord. A lot of times, people get angry when other adults correct their children or are too afraid to correct a child because of potentially offending a parent. They don't understand how awesome it is to have a family/church that cares enough about their child to help mould them in to the person they will become. I know that as Ashton and Sarah grow, they will have such a wonderful support system in place to help lead them into adulthood!

Since I didn't get to post on Saturday, I'll say it now... Happy Mother's Day Moms!

No comments: