Saturday, April 26, 2008

Grant Me My Desires Lord

On the way home, I was listening to Christian radio and they had some pastor on talking about the verse that says "Delight yourself in the Lord always and he will give you the desires of your heart." It struck me as funny that we always forget the beginning. At least I do.

So going forward, when I start to whine and moan to God about not doing what I want I'll have to explore my heart to see if I'm delighting in Him always. That self reflection thing gets me sometimes.

I also heard a Russian immigrant talking about freedom. I only caught the last few minutes of her chat, but one thing she said was so true. She said that when we ask God for something, we tend not to be patient in getting an answer. In paraphrase, she said that God almost never gives us what we want in our time and we need to suck it up. (The suck it up portion is my interpretation!)

No comments: