Friday, February 1, 2008

Just Another Day

As an at-home mom, I can tell you that some days are boring. You wake up and know that there is another pile of laundry to wash, the beds to make the house to straighten. Some days we have to mop or scrup toilets. I mean it's the same thing again and again. We get so caught up in the doldrums that we fail to see that we are blessing our families by keeping up with our responsibilities.

I personally hate house cleaning. But when we made the call that I would stay at home, it became one of my main responsibilities. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who holds me up when I go through periods of "I can't stand to clean another thing". But overall, this is my ministry to my family.

So, today this is my prayer -

God, I don't feel like cleaning the house today. I don't feel like finishing the laundry. I don't even feel like putting it away. I don't want to straighten up the house. And I don't want to do it with a cheerful heart. God, I give you all of this selfishness right now. Help me to focus on the blessings that I am giving my family by providing a clean house and a loving, comforting enviroment. Help me to do these things with a cheerful heart and not to get caught in the woe is me pity party. Help me to be wise and efficient with my time. And, most importantly, lead me daily in ways to be a blessing to my family and those around me. In Jesus name - Amen

No comments: