Thursday, January 3, 2008

Breakfast in Bed

On New Year's Eve, Daniel, Sarah and I stayed up to watch the ball drop. We had such a great time. Sarah kept almost falling asleep, so Daniel and I would tickle her to help keep her up. One time, she hid her face in the sleeping bag and I went over and started pulling her around the floor. It was a hoot. Needless to say, we were exhausted by the time we went to bed.

Daniel and I were sleeping soundly as Sarah came into our room New Year's morning. She told us to stay in bed for a while because she had a surprise for us. We heard her clanking around in the kitchen and cautiously optimistic about the results of the "surprise".

Eventually, Sarah came to our door and knocked. Daniel got up to let her in. Our wonderful breakfast was being brought in on my nicest turkey tray! The plates and glasses were precariously balanced on the not so flat edges of the tray. I have to say, I'm impressed she made it to our room without dropping something.

Daniel proceeded to take the tray from her and sit it on the bed. Sarah began to tell us all about our meal. I was being served a Peanut Butter Sandwich which had spent 3 full minutes in the microwave. Daniel was having microwaved "toast". She wanted us to pay special attention to the fact that she did not use the toaster. To accompany that, we both had Southern Sweet Tea.

I don't know if I've ever seen a PB sandwich microwaved before. If I had, it might have become an interesting science experiment. Daniel and I praised Sarah for her kitchen prowess and invited her to watch cartoons in the living room while we, um, "ate". Thankfully, she obliged.

Daniel and I sat in the room "eating" for the next 15 minutes and enjoyed the fact that out girl was so great.

Happy New Years!

No comments: